Monday, May 31, 2010

NEXT Surprises

NEXT 2010 is now over, and it had it's high and low points. While I did not meet with the Lord exactly how I wanted, I was able to participate in some rich fellowship with some of my awesome friends. The messages were good; I think my favorite was Jeff Purswell's. His message was on Eschatology. I don't think we hear too many messages about this particular doctrine, and not presented the way Jeff presented it. At times messages like this are hard for me to hear because of the current state of my family's souls, but it does remind me of how good my God is: "Jesus came as a lamb but will return as a lion." I don't want a heart that's tied to this world, but one that anxiously awaits my Savior's coming.
This weekend there were also two amazing things that happened. First, I got to feel Colby kick (first time I ever felt a baby kick). And......GEN IS ENGAGED!

Here's a picture of the bling...

And one of the happy couple, soon after their engagement

Here's one last picture of the happy couple. Gen is one of my best friends and it is a pure joy to see her with Aaron. I remember spending nights on end talking about who each of us will marry, and me telling her I didn't think her husband was at our Church yet (maybe I have a gift in prophecy :)...) Aaron and Gen have walked out their entire courtship honoring the Lord and displaying an example of what pursuing the Lord through a pure, biblical relationship looks like. I love them both and am so happy for my dear friend :)

2 comments: